Thursday 3 February 2011

Around The House - Part One

Before Sophie was born I may have mentioned improvements we were doing around the house (so much so you were probably all thoroughly bored!)
I thought as you all suffered the dull posts (or just lack of them!) that I would finally get on and share some pictures of the finished results with you!

Back in November I promised to share some photos of our new bedroom with you so it would seem appropriate that I start there
I only have one 'before' photo (sorry) I still like the pink, cream and brown that inspired Victoria and I to refer to it as the 'Neapolitan' room, but was also happy to have a change (and let James have some input!)


James wanted purple and although Its a colour I would usually be a bit scared of we decided to just go for it!
So 3 days and a professional decorator later.........

Voila!















We chose new accessories to complement the bold colours. I just love the curtains and the fabby chair! (a total bargain at £60 from TK Maxx!)
We are really pleased with the result!

What do you think?

Next week, the bathroom and the nursery!
Have a great weekeknd
Lots of Love

xxxx

14 comments:

Beki said...

You're seriously going to make us wait tll next week ;o)
It looks lovely but I love the neopolitan room too!

B xxx

Tracy said...

I love looking at posts of other peoples houses and what they have changed/decorated etc so keep 'em coming!!!!!
your bedroom looks gorgeous, i love the colour and the way everything ties in together - fabulous!!!!

Lisa said...

It's a stunning room, that purple wall and the LOVE sign are just lovely.
Lisa x

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Well of course I love it!! Purple is the in colour for bedrooms don't you know! ;o)

Hmmmm maybe I need to call this the Cadbury's room now?!

Victoria xx

Jo said...

It's gorgeous, I would have never thought of choosing purple. Your accessories are fab too and they really compliment the room.

Sarah said...

Love the colour, that chair is lovely and such a fantiastic buy. Cant wait to see the rest of the house xx

LaaLaa said...

Oooh, I love it! It's beautiful. We've got the paint to do our living room chimney breast in that colour but haven't got around to it somehow. It's lovely! xx

A garden just outside Venice said...

LOL at Vic and the Cadbury's room!
Your marriage is just perfect, even in taste!
xxxx

Josie-Mary said...

Looks lovely & so neat & tidy *hang my head in shame* xx

Rachel M said...

Wow! It looks gorgeous! XxX

LoloDesigns said...

Looking very glam indeed. Like Victoria's Cadbury name. Maybe we should all name our bedrooms after sweets, not sure what mine would be at the moment, probably something like Allsorts lol! I really must sort it out. xx

lemonade kitty said...

James has such good taste!! I love having a snoop round other people's homes, looking forward to seeing the nursery, Lucey xx

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Gorgeous! When you have the energy you can pop round and re-design my room :-)

bibbitybob said...

Wow that's such a dramatic difference. I don't think I could live with such a bold colour, but it looks absolutely gorgeous! Like a posh hotel :) thanks for your comment on my blog, always happy to have a new follower xx