Hi it's that time of the week again! Yes it's Weight Loss Wednesday hosted by Jennifer over at Rosey Little Things, pop over to see a full list of participants.
Well my dear friends I've had a fab week and am happy to report a 7lb loss!
It was a hard week both mentally and physically, there has been much trudging through snow and a lot of heavy housework. Food wise I have been great, sticking to the points plan (and loving it!)
One of the main obstacles I face is that I work shifts so I thought I would share a few of the changes I made this week which I think have helped!
- Drink lots of water, I sometimes find if I am busy I can go a whole shift without drinking and not even notice! I don't drink tea of coffee (apart from a skinny latte with breakfast on early turn!) so get left out of the rounds of drinks that get made (albeit not very frequently!). So I now keep this at work, fill it at the beginning of my shift and challenge myself to drink 2 lots during my shift. I love crystal lights (brought home from trips to the states!) don't know what I will do when I run out! (I'll have to beg some of my American friends to feed the addiction!)
- Planning ahead, I know that if I don't I will end up grabbing anything on the fly so this week I have made sure I have packed whatever food I need for the shift I am doing, be that breakfast, lunch or dinner and lots of snacks.
- Living on my own and with my work commitments I find it easier and more economical to use individually wrapped, portioned foods, I really need to be able grab and go. Individual portions help me not to overeat. Where the food is fresh (e.g. Weight Watchers bagels) I separate the pack and freeze individually. I also find this help to avoid wasting anything (especially as these foods are more expensive that standard stuff!)
- I work on a quality versus points basis, for example ready jacket potatoes with cheese from Tesco Healthy Eating range are 3.5 points. The Marks and Spencer equivalent is 4 points but nicer so I opt for those (this may change as I loose weight and points get tighter!)
- I now keep Diet Coke for a treat.
So that's it for now, I'm off to see how the other losers got on this week!