Sunday 14 March 2010

My Mum!

Well it's Mothers Day and I'm sure a fair few of us are going to be using our blogs to pay tribute to our Mums. I'm no exception!

I can't really put into words how much I love My Mum, she is kind and caring, slow to loose her temper and quick to forgive! I want to be like her when I grow up!

This is her as a little girl, my Nan used to dress my Mum and Auntie up and curl their hair, I think Mum looks so cute here!


Here we are! This is my favourite picture of Mum and Me!


And this is us years 3 ago at a ball organised by a friend, It was on Mum's birthday and we had a lovely time with family and friends!


As you all know Victoria and I are great friends, but it doesn't stop there! As a result of our friendship (and our brothers being very close too!) our families are friends too! Here is a photo of our Mums together at yet another ball!


I could go on about my wonderful Mum all day but I don't need to! Why? Because many of you know her already!

Since I have been blogging Mum has been reading and was overwhelmed at the kindness of you lovely ladies, especially when I was going through some hard times and gained so much support and comfort from you all.

As a result of this she asked me to help set her up a blog of her very own!

She was keen to stay anonymous because she was convinced that no one would want to read about her and didn't want people to read because she was my Mum! (crazy when you find out who she is!)

I have decided to 'out' her on Mothers Day because I am immensely proud of her!


So have I kept you waiting for long enough?

Click here to get a link to her blog, did you know?

Lots of Love



xxxx

24 comments:

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

Love the way you outed you Mum Kel.
Hope you havea wonderful mothersday, you have a lovely mummy.
Luv sophie xxx

SparkleFarkel said...

Whew! That was close! I thought I'd really messed up, until I realised Mother's Day is on the 4th Sunday of Lent in UK-ville. I've got a couple of months to get ready, here, in the States.

Your Mum and Baby Kelly! I think that's my favourite picture of you and her, too! Just look at those sweet, little cheekipies of yours! SOOoOoooo adorable!

(What a lovely tribute to your wonderful mother. A simply splendid blog entry-- thanks!)

SparkleFarkel said...

P.S. Happy Mum's Day!

Josie-Mary said...

NO.....I'm shocked!! I never guessed!
Some lovely photo's Kelly, hope you have a great day together :) x

Lucy Bloom said...

Wishing you a lovely day too, Kelly, and your mum!

lemonade kitty said...

Kelly your mam is one of my best "blogging friends" and I would never have guessed. Wish I could get my mam to start blogging!! You clearly love your mam to bits, I'm popping over there to tell her right now, Love Lucey xx

Nearly there Claire said...

NOOOOO WAAAAYYYYYY!!!! Ha ha!

I am going to have to watch my p'S & Q's now!

Mum's are BRILL!

Have a fab day together.

xxx

Beki said...

Nooooooooo way, can't believe you kept this a secret. I would never of guessed.
I love the way you've outed her on Mothers Day 'hehe', hope she does too.
I think i've even told her what a lovely daughter she has lol.

Love and hugs
Beki xxx

TCake said...

well done you for 'outing' your mum... had an idea, but completelt forgot to ask when we met as too bust getting the goss on the new man!...have a great day. hugs Tx

Duchess of Tea said...

To a lovely Mummy friend of mine on a very special day. Happy Mother's Day darling.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Lululiz said...

Well I never, lol, that sure was a surprise. Did she know you were going to "out" her?
My darling boys are wonderful today, they haven't forgotten, woohoo.

Kissed by an Angel said...

Well, what can I say!!! No more pretending i don't know you!!! Ha ha!!!
Love from mamma!!
xxxx

Em said...

Hello Kelly,
Hope you and your Mum have a really great day together!
Thanks for your lovely comment.
Em x

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Yay she's out of the closet!!!!

Victoria xxx

LoloDesigns said...

As I clicked on the link there was no way I expected it to go to a blogger that I already follow and love chatting with, think my mouth was doing a goldfish impression at that point LOL.

Think it is just fabulous! xx

Alijane said...

What a lovely blog kelly, just found you and am going to be an avid follower. Following your mums too!

I'm new to blogland, so please take a peak at my blog if you have time.

Alison
x

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

This is a very sweet post about your mum...you did scare me for a minute thinking I had slept through March and April...lol
Great pictures of you both and I of course will have to check your moms site out as well.
I hope while you were at my site that you signed up for the Paul Dean giveaway.
Thanks
Maggie

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

How funny now I recognized your mom...I have been a follower of hers for a while now and love her site....I am doing a post about her probably on Tuesday..looking forward to it very much
Maggie

Sue at Dollytub Cottage said...

Hi I just found you via Victoria's blog. Just popping off to visit your Mum too! SueXX

Jill said...

I knew..........

Hugs RosieP x

Lisa said...

What a wonderful post!
Great b&w photo of your mum as a little girl!
Lisa x

Michela said...

Aaah..now that I don't have to keep the secret anymore, I feel much lighter!Ha ha1
Your mum looks like...no no, I can't reveal it! ;-)

Unknown said...

I wonder why Mother's Day is on a different day in Europe? Anyway I hope your mom had a wonderful day :)It's so cute that she hangs out with Victoria's mom :)

Thanks for your sweet congrats on my blog too!

Hugs!
Sandy

Sherry said...

I love your Mom and was pleasantly surprised when she told me you were her daughter. You have a wonderful family Kelly!

Sherry