Thursday 11 March 2010

Thanks To Me!!!

This week I have been surprised twice with lovely thank you gifts!
You may remember I made a christening cake last month? Well my friend Kelly's Mum sent me these gorgeous flowers because she was so pleased with it!


I love them!

Also, and even more surprising, I received a 'Thanks To You' award at work!
It's a gold award (even more of a shocker!) for work I did over Christmas.
Yes I spent Christmas Night here!


One of the lines I work for was targeted by vandals on Christmas Eve (seriously wouldn't you think they would have better things to do?) and a lot of damage was done. Unfortunately I was on call so had to sling my pants on over my trousers (a la Superman!) to make sure passengers could get to the sales on Boxing Day!

My gold award means I get a certificate in a frame and £250 in Capital Bonds, these can be spent in loads of places, but I think I will use them to pay for a Cheeky weekend away with James!

Nice to be appreciated!

Lots of Love



xxxx

20 comments:

Rose said...

You deffinately deserved those beautiful flowers, that cake was amazing!

Rose

Lisa said...

A huge pain to have to have worked on Christmas, but a wonderful thank you in return if you can get to treat yourself!
Congrats to you.
Lisa x

Jill said...

Well done Kelly, enjoy spending the bonds, flowers well deserved, the cake was fabulous.

Hugs RosieP x

Lululiz said...

Such a nice feeling when your efforts get rewarded, especially when it means you can really treat yourself to something fabulous. Congrats.

made with love said...

Lovely flowers Kelly.
I am so pleased that you were thanked for your work over Christmas. Enjoy a lovely weekend away,
Have fun,
Rachael XX

claire said...

well done you :)
You most definately earnt your prize....enjoy xxxx

Tina said...

Well done!! Flowers, award and the bond well deserved, Kelly.
xx

Kissed by an Angel said...

Well deserved flowers - the cake was beautiful!! Working Christmas Day - you definitely deserve an award!!!
xxxx

LissyLou said...

well done you, you deserve both. xx

Stella said...

So nice of you to come visit and leave a nice comment. It's so nice to be thanked when you aren't expecting it. Sounds like you deserved the thanks and hope you enjoy your weekend away.

Hope you will drop by again.

karenshopes said...

its always lovely to receive flowers,one of the best gifts I think.
Karen

Unknown said...

Ooh, pretty flowers! In the summertime we have farmer markets and there are always lots of yummy flowers.

lemonade kitty said...

Congratulations Kelly, I don't know anyone who would have gone to work on Christmas night, you deserve every penny and I think you deserve a night or two away with your lovely man. Lucey xx

Michela said...

Yellow roses are my favourite flowers! Well done on your award!
xxx

LoloDesigns said...

Isn't it lovely to be appreciated, makes us want to help people all the more. :o) x

Connie said...

Lovely lovely for a lovely lady xxxx

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

Well done Kelly, your cake was beautiful and you soo deserve the gold award from work. Enjoy your bonds whatever you spend them on.
Luv Sophie xxx

Josie-Mary said...

Well done for getting the award, you deserve it. What a nice touch :)
The flowers are beautiful x

Hannah VanderHart said...

oooh wow. amazing! you have an exciting life! :) work recognition, so few and far between, is a hundred times more deserved than the award itself. great job, kelly!

TCake said...

or you could spend them at the BIG Yellow shop!!!!... well done hunny much deserved!Tx