Sunday 7 March 2010

Show and Tell!



Happy Sunday! Hope you have all had a lovely weekend!
This week is the start of an exciting new monthly event hosted by the lovely Josie-Mary!
The first Sunday of every month will now be known as 'Show and Tell Sunday'.
Do pop over and join in, Its going to be fun!

This month's topic is 'your favourite spot in your house'!
I found this a bit difficult as there are so many places in my house that I love! Having already done a post on my bed :), and due to the fact that I have spent a fair few hours organising my wardrobe lately, I thought I would let you all have a peek!


Sorry about the poor light!
I had this wardrobe built into an awkward alcove when I bought my house.
Victoria and I had long admired the closets we had seen in the houses we had stayed in on our Florida trips and wished we had them at home. When I realised that with a bit of expertise (and, of course, cash) that I could have one in my own bedroom I was a happy girl!
My friend Mark (a fab carpenter!) was shown pictures and told to create and here she is!

Wanna look inside?


I can only let you see half as I'm not quite finished in the other side :)
I have recently been to good old Ikea and with a few storage solutions from there and a bit of ruthless clearing out I have managed to condense and organise pretty well!


Shoes (just the heels!) in fantastic shoe storage boxes from Ikea! (there's even 2 empty ones waiting to be filled!)


Acessories in these pretty storage boxes

These bigger boxes are fab (and huge!) and store all my 'every day' shoes (sandals and flip flops in one and boots in the other!). The hanging 'thing' stores all my make up, hair stuff and hair appliances too, previiously these took up loads of room in baskets so I'm really pleased at how much 'smaller' this storage is!

Hope you have enjoyed having a look in my wardrobe! I have to say bye for today though as I'm going to have to go to work now BOO!

See you all tomorrow when I will be announcing the winner of this month's giveaway!

Lots of Love



xxxx

24 comments:

Kissed by an Angel said...

What a great wardrobe!! Lovely and tidy too!!! Thank you for showing us!!
xxxx

Melanie's Randomness said...

What a cute idea! I wish I had your closet. Those boots are amazing too!!!

Jill said...

What a fantastic wardrobe, I know what you mean, when I went to Florida last year, the house we stayed in had wardrobes just like this and they were great. I can't believe how tidy they are.

Have a great evening at work.

Hugs RosieP x

SparkleFarkel said...

Is there any chance you'd rent out one of those boxes in your closet, as I'D LOVE TO LIVE THERE! (<-- Simply marvelous!)

Michela said...

It looks like the wardrobe of a princess! ;-)
Don't stress too much at work!
xxxxx

Lisa said...

How orgainsed!
It looks really great. I would just open the doors to stare at it's loveliness!
Lisa x

Nearly there Claire said...

Soooo tidy!
What with your tidy handbag and now such a neat wardrobe I am thinking you need to come over and give me some lessons on being so orderly.
I love being nosey, thanks for the peek. X

Callies Cottage said...

Hope that work was ok!!!
Have a happy week,
Cally x

Josie-Mary said...

oooohhhh I wish I hadn't been so honest now..hahaha...it's so neat & tidy. Did you notice my wardrobe was not in the picture? :) x

angie said...

fantastic wardrobe kelly!!
good idea..I really like it!

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

Love your "Closet", lol.
Looks fab, am going to show Gav so he can start to understand what I want him to build.
Have a fab week.
Luv Sophie xxx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Well you already know how much I love your wardrobe and it's looking pretty good following the addition of your new storage solutions!

Victoria xx

Shabby Chick said...

Soooo jealous! Looks wonderful and organised! My wardrobe is orangey pine (MUST paint it!!!) and full up with bloody books that my other half can't part with but never reads ;)

Mel xxx

claire said...

oh how jealous am I!!!!
I love those shoe boxes from Ikea...I have a stack of them next to my wardrobe :)

Dawn said...

How wonderfully organised! I could only show the parts of my room that I quickly tidied up and dusted :)

Lucy Pursglove-Jones said...

I now have serious wardrobe envy, Kelly! Top stuff :D Xx

Duchess of Tea said...

Kelly darling, love the organized and lovely wardrobe. The large boxes are great storage solutions. Have a marvellous week.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

LissyLou said...

very neat!!

Just added the last of the red heart goodies for sale on my blog...please go take a look xx

veterankindergartenteacher said...

Whoa.....I need you to come and tackle mine. Great job!

maryannlucy said...

Fab wardrobe - my bedroom desperately needs doing up (we are saving hard, it is a big job!!) this is a good source of inspiration ;-)

Country Style Living said...

I all looks very organised. Great wardrobe, by the way you have rec'd a little Sunshine. please visit my blog for details.

Sherry said...

Wow Kelly! Everything looks so nice...I love the storage boxes. Since I have been a stay at home mom for the last 9 1/2 years I just wear p.j. bottoms around the house...you have the prettiest things and to actually have real clothes....dreamy! although, I do like being at home with my little guy so I guess it's not such a bad trade off.

Sherry

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That is it. You've inspired me. Must hit up Ikea! I purged my closet but still need some serious organization. Yours looks fabulous!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Nothing beats an organized wardrobe and I LOVE IKEA for finding solutions.....well, and a few other things that I might have needed ;)

Have a wonderful week!
Denise