Thursday 26 May 2011

Baking Nut (peanut that is!)

Yesterday I got a rare chance to do a spot of baking!
A work friend of my Mum's is getting married this Saturday and her colleagues wanted to give her a little party on her last day at work as a single girl!  They decided that they would all bring in something they had baked and have a little surprise tea party for her!  Apparently everyone made a valiant effort!  Even the one guy, Peter, who impressed everyone with his Cornflake Cakes and Mexican Wedding Cookies!
Mum asked me to make something if I had time so I took the opportunity to knock up a batch of Peanut Butter Crinkles (with an added kiss!)  These are super yummy and take about 20 minutes to make and bake so even I had time to make some!!!

I thought I'd share the recipe so you can try them for yourself!

(makes 20-25 cookies)

6 tbsp peanut butter
4oz butter
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2oz caster sugar
2oz soft brown sugar
6oz plain flour
1 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 180 deg C/gas 4.
Place butter, peanut butter, sugars and vanilla in a bowl and cream together.  Add flour and baking powder and mix to form a firm dough.
Roll heaped teaspoon of dough into balls with floured hands.  Place on lined baking sheet and flatten slightly with a fork.  
Bake 14-15 mins to deep golden brown and allow to cool on sheet for 2-3 mins.  Press a chocolate kiss or giant chocolate button into center of hot cookies and transfer to cooling rack to cool properly.


 And there was even enough for a treat for James for looking after Sophie while I cooked!



He loved them (and he doesn't even like peanut butter!)
I didn't have any though, still being very good on Weight Watchers!!

Lots of Love
Kelly 
xxxx

9 comments:

A garden just outside Venice said...

I don't think there's an "unfed husband" behind your great blog then! :D
Mmmmmmmh yummy!
xxxx

lemonade kitty said...

May I ask "what's a chocolate kiss"?? The cookies look delicious, Lucey x

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I'm so glad I don't have any peanut butter at home otherwise I'd be knocking a batch of these up!

Victoria xx

Beki said...

I can't stand peanut butter but have to admit these look and sound lovely.
I know Jess will love them so think a spot of baking is in order this afternoon, thanks for sharing hun!

B xxx

Stella said...

They look yummy and nothing better than peanut butter and chocolate together.

Carolyn said...

Yummy! The cookies look delicious.

San Diego Mobile Notary

RR said...

i want one of those right now!

Unknown said...

Yummers! Happy Anniversary btw :)

Sandy xox

Angela said...

Deliziosi !!!